Westmeath Field Names Recording Project – Resources

This is a map of the lands of Glenidan House, near Collinstown, Co. Westmeath, Surveyed by James Flinn 'in summer 1808' for Thomas Battersly. Nine field names are shown, as well as the names of the owners of the surrounding holdings. The roads which meet at Glenidan Crossroads are labelled 'Road from Carrick Mills to Athboy' and 'Road from Mullingar'. Map reproduced with the permission of Desmond O'Carroll.